Monday, December 7, 2009

Vanessa and Angela for Honey Magazine

The Simmons sisters are mogul's in the making following the footsteps of their Uncle Russell Simmons. So what happens when Honey Mag and the master heads behind Pastry and the hit MTV reality series Daddy's Girls meet? Results below...



















SNIPPET
Ok, let’s talk about the whole virginity thing.
A: Ok, the whole virginity thing came out because of the breakup I had previously. And on the show, of course, it came up that I was saving myself for marriage. Is it weird that people know that now? Yeah, kind of. Do I care that much? Not really, because it’s not like it’s a bad thing. No, it’s not for everybody.
Everybody doesn’t have to wait because that’s not what they feel their destiny is. But this is what I have to do in order to get a relationship where it’s all good. I just think that when the sex factor is taken out of the relationship, you really get to know a person. Sometimes people jump in headfirst and the person that you’re with never got to know your emotional side. Is it easy? No. I mean, I’m meeting these guys and they’ve been doing whatever they’ve been doing and it’s like, “Are you serious?” Yeah, I’m serious and if you like me enough then you’re going to wait and you’re going to respect me and hopefully you’re not going to cheat because you, as a man, “need” it. I think it’s a good thing. I’m showing a guy that I can wait and hold off and it’s been a whole year and I haven’t even done it. I think it’s an eye opener to some guys.
A lot of little girls do need to know that at 15 and 14-years-old, they don’t need to be doing that. It’s crazy how right-now our society is. All these young girls having all these babies and it’s so sad. I just think that children today are so different than when we were growing up. Honestly,I didn’t kiss anybody till I was in like ninth grade. I got called a prude and I was like, “Geez, I didn’t know it was that serious.”
A: See that, Vanessa’s laughing
V: No, I’m not laughing because mine was later.
A: Well see that, Vanessa’s was later. I just thought it was, you know, normal. I thought it was normal but then you find out for some people it was first grade.
V: First grade? That doesn’t count.
A: It does count! If you kissed somebody, you kissed them.
V: I mean first grade I would get excited and tell if somebody chased me.
A: At the end of the day, I don’t think relationships can be 100 percent private. I can try to duck and hide and pretend I’m not dating someone but I’m a normal person and I’m doing things everyone does. If a relationship that I was in for two years doesn’t work, then it ends. It’s life. How many boyfriends do you really go through before you find your husband? Right now, I’m happy and fine in my relationship. I’m honest about it. I’ve been with him for like a year now and it’s a long-distance relationship so it’s really different. It’s a lot of travelling and a lot of back-and-forth.


For the entire interview visit the link below:

http://www.honeymag.com/2009/uncategorized/stuntin-on-reality-angela-and-vanessa-simmons/

No comments: