Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Nude Lip


I love a nude lip but it has to be the right swatch and the right texture. I also love when makeup looks so effortless, fresh and clean. I'm a color fanatic but The Chic Report wont endorse walking around with clown makeup. Its the summer time and as our clothes gets brighter our makeup needs to be as toned down as possible. We've posted tips and insights on the famous Red/ Purple/ Orange Lip but now its time for a more refined look. Want this look? Here are a few tips:

1. A CLEAN FACE, and by that I do not mean just a dab of neutrogena a rinse and then call it a day. Tyra showed us how to clean the lip with petroleum jelly and an old soft bristol toothbrush to remove excess skin from the surface of your lip. Try it, it works.

2. CONTOUR. A great linning is essential. A dab of concealer will help.

3. PICK THE RIGHT SWATCH. The color of your skin doesnt mean the color of your skin. Whatever hue you try on has to look as natural as possible. For instance someone whose dark in complexion may have a lighter or in my case pink lip surface. Try multiple colors and cosmetic brands to find the right lipstick.


My Pick: MAC Modesty

I love this! After applying I add a little tint to give it the "look du jour".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks very neutral but glam...thanks for the tips.