Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chic Pick: Milly by Michelle Smith Trench


My favorite season has crept up upon me and I have to say that I am definitely unprepared style wise. With the preparation of my vacation (reason why I haven't been posting) in the tropics I've forgotten all about the gorgeous Spring climate. Now that I'm back it has just hit me that my Spring selection is extremely low. During a moderately 70 degree week in NYC its important that you dress stylishly and appropriately executing the "it" trend flawlessly. I've always been an advocate for wearing trenches, but for the "fashionista on a budget" its difficult to own that famous Burberry Poseum trench. The trench always revamps itself season after season but with the military trend at its bloom it gives this staple its stamp of approval. Its a cute versatile piece that can be worn formally when paired with boots or heels or throw on flats and comfortable shoes for a more casual look. Milly by Michelle Smith sent one of her models down the Fall 2010 runway wearing a Burberry inspired trench which I think is so rich because of its unusual deep hue. The ultimate Chic Pick for the week.

1 comment:

Shea Lennon said...

I love that trench--I've been thinking about how I need to get one in a neutral color because I like the one I have, but it's green. I like the slightly darker khaki shade of this one.

http://bonchicbongastronomique.blogspot.com