Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kelly Cutrone's "If you have to cry GO OUTSIDE...And other things your mother never told you..."



Fall collections 2009 my first fashion week ever working behind the scenes. Train traffic is seriously driving my nerves in full gear. I've seen The Hills, now I'm about to go to work for the same PR extraordinaire who made Lauren Conrad cry and would tell you like it is in an instant without hesitating. Here I'm I all decked in black, Chanel inspired clutch on my side (ALDO), 4 inch heels, black on black ensemble with golden bedazzling accessories, and the most stylish pair of stockings from American Apparel. The Davidelfin / Peoples Revolution show was one of my first shows at the NY Fashion Week tents. Blackberry in hand and a piece of paper with an off sight address the other, hair bouncing from my fresh blow out. I felt like the ultimate NYC Fashion chick. It was all happening I felt great except my nerves were uncontrollable. The venue must have been at an atelier between 11th and 12 ave there was no way I'd make it in these heels plus my new Steve Madden's were not for running. Hopped on what had to be the best cab driver in the city who considerately dashed across the avenues so I can make my call time. Its 1:53 made it to the venue and now I'm collecting my credentials... Thank God!!! This could have been the beginning and the end of my fashion career but I made call time!!! I'm a nervous wreck but its time to get it together, I'm ready to work with the Peoples Rev team front of house getting directions from miss Kelly Cutrone herself and although I'm attentive I kept saying in the back of my mind. "I like her! She's not mean...she has the mind of a business woman". Her drive was unbelievable! When she spoke directly at me for sitting directions as inspiration showered me. Go on Kelly you have a show to produce! Fast forward to January 2010 walking in to my Fashion PR and Events Planning class and Kelly Cutrone "Kell On Earth" was the main discussion every Tuesday, that's when I decided I'd give this book a read. I started reading yesterday and I must say this is a GREAT book. I wont give anything away until my official book review (as soon as I'm done reading). Until then find yourself at the nearest book store and pick up a copy. She has a story to tell!


Comment below and Thanks for visiting!!!



No comments: